Jobs Seeking People: Membership and Development Director
Membership and Development Director
FT, salary commensurate with experience
MOCA TUCSON’S MISSION IS TO INSPIRE NEW WAYS OF THINKING THROUGH THE CULTIVATION, INTERPRETATION, AND EXHIBITION OF CONTEMPORARY ART.
Established by artists, MOCA Tucson is devoted exclusively to the presentation of contemporary art from Tucson and around the globe. MOCA is committed to thinking globally, acting locally, and engaging with the aesthetics of contemporary life. Through varied programs, MOCA Tucson maintains a full exhibition, education, and artist-in-residence program.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Museum of Contemporary Art Tucson seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented Membership and Development Director. This position will report to the Executive Director and Board of Directors to increase fundraising. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Executive Director with the creation and implementation of a development plan that articulates focused strategies to meet short-term and long-term fundraising goals;
- Work with Executive Director and Board to research and develop cultivation plans for major gifts; oversee all aspects of prospect research, cultivation, and stewardship of existing donors and members;
- Manage member services program including sending renewal notices to expiring members and maintaining membership database in Neon;
- Promote membership renewals and provide reports to Executive Director and Board on membership statistics and trends;
- Assist Executive Director with drafting and submitting grant applications to private, government, and corporate foundations;
- Solicit sponsorships and oversee coordination of major fundraising events;
- Coordinate opening receptions and VIP donor events to better connect members to MOCA Tucson;
- Conceive and execute annual appeal, special appeals, and membership appeals;
- Steward existing members through an array of special events and personal visits/communications to enhance renewal rates, increase upgrades, and make additional gifts. Generate new sources of revenue and increase acquisition of new member households.
- Work with staff to develop a targeted communication strategy for new and existing members aimed at increasing member engagement. Coordinate email distributions lists and membership email schedule in collaboration with Executive Director and Communications Director.
- Prepare data files and generate mailing lists for membership mailings, events, telemarketing, and direct mail.
- Manage data entry in Neon to ensure accurate processing of all memberships, renewals, upgrades, and annual fund payments. Assist with membership processing.
- Create and implement integrated telemarketing campaigns onsite for member acquisitions and renewal campaigns.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
MOCA Tucson seeks an individual with a minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising track record; familiarity with contemporary art and museum fundraising; the capacity to formulate and implement fundraising strategies; successful record of achievement in major gift solicitations; strong interpersonal and excellent presentation and writing skills required. Must have strong computer skills including Word and Excel. Expertise with Neon or other donor management software highly desirable. The ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects simultaneously with ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to work as a team player and work with multiple constituencies
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for MOCA events.
- Experience working with a diverse staff and board to collectively achieve strategic goals and priorities.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Alexis Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13, 2018. Please do not contact us unless you are invited in for an interview.