Jobs Seeking People: Youth On Their Own Development Manager
Youth On Their Own is currently hiring for the following positions:
Youth On Their Own (YOTO) – strives to eliminate barriers to education and empower Pima County’s homeless youth to stay in school. For over 30 years, we have supported the high school graduation of this unique demographic by providing financial assistance, basic human needs, and guidance. With the help of our supporters we empower homeless youth to remain in school and pursue opportunities for self-sufficiency.
YOTO is searching for a Development Manager to become a member of the YOTO family. The Development Manager provides leadership for the everyday activities of the Development Department and reports to the Director of Philanthropy, working closely with the CEO, board committees, volunteers, interns and other members of the development team to create and implement the organization’s development plan. The Manager is responsible for increasing revenue for YOTO special events, seuring support from businesses, churches and third-party events and campaigns and appeals.
Work Schedule: Full Time Salaried. Hours may vary to include special events and activities on evenings and weekends.
Status: Regular Full-time Exempt.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
· Bachelor of Science/Arts degree
· Two years’ consistent work experience specializing in fund development, marketing or communications.
· Leader who creates a work culture that is team and mission driven
· Highly organized and creative thinker with developed skill sets to plan and execute strategies in conjunction with organization’s overall goals, mission and challenges
· Excellent communication skills both orally and written
· Compassion and understanding for challenged youth population we serve
· Identifies, cultivates, solicits, retains, and stewards corporate and business supporters, faith-based organizations and third party organizations for campaigns and events.
· Prepare and manage budgets and provide progress reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
· Supports and supervises the Development and Grants Associate and the Volunteer Coordinator.
· Supervises core fundraising activities, donations management, reporting, acknowledgements and recognition programs
· Coordinates and enhances annual giving programs, including direct mail, tax credits, matching gifts and monthly giving
· Manage all aspects of marketing, public relations and communications, including but not limited to: website, print materials and student stories, digital newsletters, event invitations, social media, advertising and online calendars
· Manage and increase the opportunities to present YOTO to the community
· Plan and execute fundraising campaigns and annual events throughout the year, which includes securing sponsorships, and managing and training staff and volunteers.
· Supervise outside contractors and interns.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated excellence in managerial and communication skills.
· Excellent writing skills, specifically the ability to clearly and effectively make a case for program support.
· Able to multi-task.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work environment.
· Experience working with Donor Perfect software or its equivalent.
· Working knowledge and successful utilization of Microsoft office tools.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
· Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting and using a computer
· Able to lift up to 20 pounds
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the essential duties performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Find out why YOTO is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. YOTO offers a supportive and positive work environment, full benefits including health, dental and life insurance; a 401K matching program; and generous holiday and vacation schedules.
Youth On Their Own conducts pre-employment screenings for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States. Apply Now.
Full-time Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
If you are passionate about the YOTO mission, please submit your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Daniel Armenta, Director of Donor Relations
Youth On Their Own
1660 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85712
Position is open until filled.