Current Open Positions
Need a career refresh? Ready to move up the ladder? We can help! Smith & Dale specializes in job recruitment and placement. Hope you find an exciting new opportunity match! Please contact us
directly if interested.
SISTER JOSE WOMEN’S CENTER
TITLE: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – PART-TIME
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
POSITION TYPE: NON-EXEPMT
SALARY: 30 hours per week, $30,000 to $40,000 per year depending on experience;
flexible hours, working remotely is required.
LOCATION: Tucson. Arizona
Sister Jose Women’s Center (SJWC) has an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about our mission, is an experienced fundraiser, a strong communicator,
has the ability to meet deadlines, and can multi-task and manage changing priorities in a team environment. The Development Coordinator has a unique opportunity to assist SJWC to increase its fundraising capacity and diversify its revenue streams.
Primary responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Director in creating, developing and implementing a fund development plan for the organization in accordance with SJWC’s strategic plan.
- Oversee all donor communications include gift acknowledgements, donor reports, phone and email queries.
- Oversee donor records, donation tracking, gift processing, donor prospect lists, the updating donor database records.
- Execute all annual appeals which includes correspondence, emails and on-line giving.
- Communicate with donors, board members, volunteers and others via newsletters, e-blasts, social media, etc.
- Provide leadership for special events – Event coordination, mailings, in-kind gift tracking, sponsorship solicitation and other support activities as required.
- Cultivate prospective donors and maintain communications with existing donors.
- Research and connect with potential funding sources including grant opportunities.
- Monitor social media accounts, website, print materials to ensure organization’s brand and messaging are consistent.
- Conduct public speaking presentations, donor tours, media interviews, as needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- High energy and a passion for Sister Jose Women’s Center’s mission.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
- Experience in event planning, vendor relations and contracts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with current and prospective donors, volunteers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and familiar with fundraising databases.
- Evening and weekend work as required.
- Must be able to travel to Organization’s office weekly for meetings and to meet with donors and donor prospects as required.
- Physical demands are medium. Some of the work is sedentary. Walking, standing, climbing stairs and operating a vehicle are required. Occasional lifting and moving of moderately heavy supplies. Hours of duty may vary to meet the needs of the organization.
- Current Arizona driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Background check required.
Please send your cover letter and resume by January 26, 2019. This position is posted on Indeed.com also.
Sister Jose Women’s Center’s Mission: Dedicated to the care and nurture of homeless women in a welcoming and safe environment since 2010. For many homeless women in Tucson, Sister Jose Women’s Center is their only safe-haven and is the first step to independence and regaining their sense of self.